Van de Beek’s agent finally speaks up after Solskjaer’s latest snub

The 2020-21 campaign was a season to forget for Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek.

The Netherlands international was a key man for Ajax and highly rated in the Netherlands before his move to Manchester United. However, he barely featured last season and only managed four Premier League starts.

This season, it was expected that Van de Beek will play a more prominent role, but the 24-year-old is yet to step on the pitch.

After the 1-1 draw with Southampton at the St Mary’s Stadium on Sunday, Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said that Van de Beek will have a role to play this season.

“Whenever you don’t win a game you look at it but I always look at it as much when you win as well,” said the United boss.

“What could we have done differently?

“I thought Nemanja [Matic] was excellent, Antho [Martial] was close to scoring a goal but Jadon [Sancho] and Donny will be important for us.”

Van de Beek’s agent Guido Albers, has revealed that he is pleased with the assurance from Solskjaer, and has backed Van de Beek to have a better season.

“Everyone within the club knows that Donny cannot have another season like last year,” Albers told De Telegraaf.

“In preparation, clarity would be provided about his role. The fans had already embraced him before, but the most important thing is that the coach has now provided clarity in the English press.

“We are happy with that. And I assume that Donny will play a lot in one of the positions in midfield in the coming period.”

Be the first to comment on "Van de Beek’s agent finally speaks up after Solskjaer’s latest snub"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*